The rain came down hard.
I poured the tea in my cup, chucking the tea leaves from the strainer back into the pot, then sat down again in the rocking chair on the porch.
The sound of the radio in the kitchen could hardly be heard above the sound of the rain on the roof and ground. Thunder rolled through the clouds in the distance, a cool breeze played the chimes gently.
The smell of wet grass and earth filled the air, energising it.
I watched the grass plains and blue-grey sky, their colours more vibrant now at the end of the afternoon and sipped my tea.
Mirror, mirror on the wall..
What have you done for me lately?
- Tired 2017-09-21
- PENUMBRIALS: 00 First Contact 2017-08-17
- Anti insomnia option 2017-07-30
- Sheep and Wolf ch 01 2017-07-19
- DLwFG: 12 – Run, Guys, Run! 2017-07-12
- The Green Stuff 2017-06-28
- Daily life without furry girls 2017-06-07
- Happy birthday Kittypet! 2017-06-05
- Sand Shark 2017-06-03
- Drained 2017-05-27
Enter at your own risk: